Reviews


4.97 · 33 reviews

Cleanliness
Accuracy
Communication
Location
Check-in
Value

Jesa

  1. April 2023
Eric met us when we checked in. Even though we arrived very late, he still accommodated us and showed us everything we need in the van. He even gave us local recommendations (which is very helpful). The van is spacious enough for me and my husband. It has complete amenities. Loved the van! Will definitely come back.

Pauline

  1. April 2023
Lovely experience! We loved staying in the van for the night. It was just what we needed. It was comfy, warm, and had all the amenities. Would stay again in a heart beat!

Han

  1. March 2023
This is my second time staying in this RV. It’s very comfortable and tidy. The bikes they provide made it convenient to go to everywhere. Jana and Eric are very warm and welcoming. They are excellent hosts. Looking forward to returning to the place again.

Gabe

  1. February 2023
Eric took the time to show me all the details of the camper van build. I’m building my own van so this was very useful. It’s a super cozy little space with all the facilities you need to be comfortable.

Patricia Edgar

  1. February 2023
SUPER GREAT HOST AND INCREDIBLE STAY. We worked with Eric, who went above and beyond what I have seen any host do to make this visit the BEST! I booked this for my Grandson, a student at UCSB when he needed to stay a few nights near campus. The unit is PRISTINE, private, and just as the pictures show, very cozy, plus when the "storm" hit Eric again went out of his way to make sure my Grandson was O.K. Despite the severe cold storm, the heater was more than adequate. AGAIN THANKS ERIIC FOR ALL THE SPECIAL CONSIDERATION!

Grace

  1. February 2023
This was an incredible experience! I highly recommend staying in their van! They were very flexible with check-in time and we’re willing to park the van in a few different spots incredibly close to the beach, some beautiful hiking trails, and more. Don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy vanlife in this perfectly set up van!

Robert

  1. January 2023
Great place to stay, very convenient!

Leah

  1. January 2023
We have stayed in the van a few times. Super comfortable and private, with a great heating. We will definitely stay again


..

Kanani

  1. January 2023
Eric was awesome with communicating. My dad was stuck in Santa Barbara due to road closures from winter storms. Hotels were full and he was trying to avoid sleeping in his car and had no wifi. The Air BNB process was quick and we were happy to find ANYTHING. But he got the heater going and expedited checkin and he could get sleep. Bed was comfortable and he slept well. He had coffee setup there, good wifi, and a basic bathroom. So grateful. And Eric was super kind and helpful chatting with me.

Drew

  1. January 2023
Eric and Jana were awesome hosts and the camper they have is super cute.

Aubrey

  1. January 2023
This booking was made last minute for an impromptu getaway trip, and I am so glad I decided to go! Eric and Jana were incredible hosts - Eric was very responsive from the last minute booking to ensuring I knew how to work everything and providing local recommendations. I cannot recommend this listing enough… I will be back for another #vanlife stay soon.

Leah

  1. January 2023
This was the second time I've stayed in the van. Eric did a great job on it! Extremely comfortable for one person.
It rained the entire time I was there, but I didn't mind. The bed was super comfy, the heater keep everything warm, and the wifi worked great! I would definitely recommend.

Jasmine

  1. December 2022
Jana and Eric were wonderful hosts. This was close to the beach so I could surf and Elwood Open Space for hiking. Excellent value and location!

Kelly

  1. December 2022
The hosts are lovely and I had a great stay. The heat was really nice as I didn’t have to be cold for long. It was just the right size for me. Would recommend it!

Richard

  1. December 2022
This was a very nice quiet and relaxing 8 night stay in Santa Barbara County. Eric was very helpful and even provided me with a bicycle to use If Michelin ever visits the area they would do well to spend at least 3 nights with Eric and Jana! ๐Ÿ˜

Doug

  1. November 2022
I was skeptical about staying in a van but I'm 6'2 and could stand up straight. The bed was long enough for me to sleep stretched out from corner to corner. Two great pillows and a weighted blanket that made me feel like I was being hugged all night. I made a cup of coffee in the morning with the electric coffee pot. I will do it again next time I'm passing through.

Randall

  1. November 2022
Jana’s van was a dream on wheels.

Came in on thanksgiving weekend at night on a whim, yet Eric was super responsive. Eric built the van with his own hands with surrounding help and knew all the bells and whistles. Check in, stay, sleep, check out all smooth. Thanks for letting us stay in your van.

Tom

  1. November 2022
I never thought staying in a van would so comfortable, and so convenient! It was a great stay, super tricked out van with kitchen, bathroom, heater, and very comfortable bed, even for a 6'2" guy like me. Jana and Eric were very easy to communicate with and Eric's enthusiasm for the all the custom work he did on the van was contagious. Have already booked my next stay there! Recommend!

Lisa

  1. November 2022
It was my first time in a Van and it was a fantastic experience. I was there for only one night, but if I go there again I would book the Van for more then one night. The communication with Jana and Eric was so good - fast answers, great check-in with Eric. He explained everything detailed and immediately solved the problem with the heater for having a great first experience in the Van. Eric also gave me some tipps for good food.
Thank you so much for that great experience and hope to see us again.

Yu-Hsin

  1. November 2022
The host was very friendly and helpful

Laura

  1. November 2022
Fantastic unique stay! Eric met me upon arriving and showed me, in detail, the layout and function of everything.
He graciously moved the van from the driveway to the side of the road for me so it would be on more level ground.

Everything worked great and was well stocked!
I used the indoor commode and it worked great, no stinky-ness afterwards. :)
It was a rainy chilly night so the heater set to 72 was perfect for a cozy night.

Highly recommend staying here!

Kirsten

  1. November 2022
Jana and Eric's van is exactly what I needed to visit my daughter during Parents' Weekend at UCSB. It was clean, quiet, and absolutely comfortable. Thank you for this excellent service!

David

  1. October 2022
Jana & Eric's Airbnb was absolutely wonderful. It had everything I needed and it was great being able to be so close to the airport. Highly recommend it!!

Mason

  1. October 2022
Sweet van! Super clean and Eric was very sweet showing us how to use everything inside. Made everything really easy to use. Great price for the accommodations.

Brent

  1. October 2022
Nice place to stay and check out the feeling of vanlife! The van’s buildout is cool, the location is nice—a park across the street, and bike/walk to UCSB—and the hosts were quick to respond, very accommodating.

Serena

  1. September 2022
G nice van life~~ clean place~~

Mandie

  1. September 2022
Friendly host, perfect for a quick overnight stay.

Anissa

  1. September 2022
Described accurately. Nice host.

Leah

  1. September 2022
Small,yet clean and cozy.I really wanted to try living in a van and Eric's place was just what I was looking for. Eric was a great host and made sure I understood how everything worked.I would highly recommend!

David

  1. September 2022
It was really cool staying in a van! The inside was clean and had everything you could possibly need.

Cecilia

  1. September 2022
Van living super cool. Definitely something to try and the sleeping situation was just fine! Clean and well equipped. Owner super nice. CC

Xintong

  1. September 2022
Great stay! Eric is a welcoming host and the van is clean and well-equipped with water, electricity, and everything you would expect from a regular bedroom. Bed sleeps two adults comfortably. Will recommend!

Tony

  1. August 2022
It was perfect for our needs. Eric was very helpful. The van seemed to be well equipped but we really only used it for sleeping. The bathroom facilities are relatively primitive but described accurately in the listing. The bed wasn't very visible in the photos when we booked but proved to be nice and comfortable for 2 people of average height. Blackout curtains kept it dark enough that we were surprised how light it was outside when we woke up.